Removing work item from UWL

Albina Fernando albinafernando at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 02:52:22 EST 2007

Hi,

  We have a scenario wherein..  we are using Sequential approval.
i.eWorkflow gets triggerred and all the approvers selected receive the
work
items and email at the same time. So what we have done is first a method
that will fetch the approvers. then we have used a Loop that will loop
through all the approvers and send each approver a work item and an email.
So within the loop we have used a Fork to  achive this.this is the main
workflow. Now each time the work item is to be sent, we have used an event
creator step in the main workflow that creates an event to send the workitem
to the approvers. And this event is in turn trigerred in another workflow.
And that workflow will send the work items.
  Once the approver rejects the request, a mail shld be sent to the
requestor , the workflow should be terminated and all the Work items should
be removed from the other approvers UWL who have not approved yet. Now since
this Sending of work items to different approvers is in a separate Workflow,
is there any way to achieve this scenario, i.e removing the Work items from
other approvers UWL. To remove the work items from the approvers UWL atleast
we should have the reference of the main workflow. Using that we can find
out. but we do not have any such reference. The approval is actually
random..and any approver can approve at any point.
  Can anyone provide inputs on the same? Can we use a Custom Ztable or
something that will store the Workitem ids along with the main workflow id
and we can store this detail when the workitem is created. And then once the
approver rejects then from this Ztable we can fetch the workitems for this
main workflow id and then use the WAPI delete func module to logically
delete the workflow. Is this approach correct?

Thanks
Albina