Removing work item from UWL

Mark Pyc mark.pyc at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 04:46:43 EST 2007

G'day Albina,

There has been a discussion about this very concept in the last week (the
solution for which have been attributed to me <BLUSH!>)

Instead of using an event creation step to generate your individual WFs you
can use dynamic parallel processing. You create a single subflow step (an
activity step where you reference a WS instead of a TS) where you can pass
in a single agent and any other info. On the one of the last steop tabs
(other data or miscellaneous depending on release) you set your agent
table as the 'Multline Element'. When you do the binding to the subflow
you'll have a special option for binding the table of agents into the
subflow. What happens is that for each agent in the table the system will
create a subflow passing in 1 agent into each subflow.

The point of all this is that you can put this call to the subflow in one
branch of a 1 of 2 fork. In the other fork you wait for an event. When any
of the approvers reject you should raise this event from the subflow. This
will shut down the fork and all outstanding subflows will be logically
delelted.

The convo recently has been about having deadlines over subflows, but it's
almost the same.

So the recommendation is to have event communication from subflow to
mainflow on rejection, but to use dynamic parallel processing to generate
the subflows.

Have fun,
Mark