SAP-WUG - to SDN or not to SDN, that is the question

Praveen johri praveenjohri at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 06:28:18 EDT 2007

Hey...

This is an interesting Discussion, I guess the future of WUG lies with SDN
but this future is littile far away.
As many people have expressed, the quality of SDN forums is not very
optimistic now days, i think SDN needs time to get more mature and robust.
And, the biggest attraction of this mailing list is having so many experts
hooked to it and the ease of having it in ur mailbox.
So, i also feel that till the time we all feel that SDN is good enough for
us to go there( i hate that ponit race, duplicate answers without any sense
or thoughts)..PLEASE keep WUG alive.

Cheers
Praveen

On 6/28/07, Mike Pokraka <asap at workflowconnections.com> wrote:

> Wow, quite a hot topic...
>
> Well, WUG is just way ahead of SDN in workflow expertise, in no small part
> thanks to Sue's relentless efforts in keeping up the quality of postings.
> e.g. my recent question about classes (admittedly a bit hardcore) got a
> small discussion going on the WUG but *not a single response* on SDN.
>
> The pointhunting kindergarden effect is a problem on SDN, because people
> get more points for pasting an answer than for directing someone to the
> FAQ.
>
> I would suggest that rather than passing comments on via Sue or Jocelyn,
> why not make yourself heard directly in the Suggestions and Comments
> forums - it's what they're there for and they are among the most sensible
> ones on SDN!
> https://forums.sdn.sap.com/forum.jspa?forumID=40&start=0
> (I just wanted to test the link but ironically it's currently down...)
>
> To give you an idea of how painfully aware this topic is at SDN, here are
> some threads where this has been discussed:
> https://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=398130&tstart=0
> https://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=385535&tstart=50
> It gets even worse over in the ABAP forums
> https://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=292732&tstart=0
>
> Bottom line: SDN is important to keep Workflow in the spotlight at SAP,
> and  SDN BPM has gone through a phase of usefulness and achieved a good
> level of traffic, however as of late it is has degenerated to more noise
> than anything else. And I wish to stress that genuine beginner questions
> are NOT noise.
>
> So I say: please please please lets keep the WUG until SDN sorts itself
> out, by all means participate on SDN, give it a go and then make your
> comments in the Suggestions and Comments forums if you don't like it! But
> please please please (have I said this before?) lets keep the WUG at least
> until it's tenth birthday when we can have a big party (TechEd anyone?)
> :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Mike
>

> On Wed, June 27, 2007 8:19 pm, Susan R. Keohan wrote:
> > Sherie, Mike, All,
> >
> > I hear you loud and clear.  If others feel the same way, please reply
> > and say WHY.  I don't mind keeping this list going as long as I can; as
> > a matter of fact, I enjoy it quite a bit.  But this list has no
> > 'official' status with SAP, and it is just by grace of good luck that we
> > have some excellent SAP folks (you know who you are) on it.
> >
> > If you feel that this list should continue, again, please state why...
> > why you like it, why other sources don't meet your needs, etc.
> >
> > That, along with your $20 contribution, will keep SAP-WUG up and
> running.
> >

> > Kidding (about the $20) for those of you who don't know me,
> > Sue
> >
> > Munday,Sherie J. wrote:
> >> Sue,
> [...]

Have Fun!!