_RULE_RESULT & Modelled Deadlines

Cristiana D'Agosto cristiana.dagosto at au1.ibm.com
Thu Jul 12 03:54:57 EDT 2007

Hi all,

we are in ECC 6.0

I am using a Rule to determine the approver and I have 2 modelled
deadlines:
.. Requested End: After 5 days, send a reminder email to the approvers
.. Latest End: After 7 days, send an email to the approvers' Managers.

I have read several threads suggestion that  when using a Rule in a
decision step one could bind _Rule_Result back to a Workflow Container.

I also have read other threads suggesting that unfortunately the binding
from _Rule_Result to a Workflow Container does not work unless the Taks is
completed (i.e. no deadline will be triggered then).

Is that still the case or SAP has improved this?

I can definetly see the _Rule_Result properly populated in the User
Decision task, but the workflow element container that I did bind it to,
it is empty.  : (

I was trying to avoid to have a step to retrieve the appeovers before the
decision step, but might have to go that path.

It is a shame not being able to use _Rule_Result for modelled deadlines -
am I missing something? Any suggestions?

Much thanks and regards,

Cristiana
Cristiana d'Agosto
IBM Global Business Services