Aggregate Comments in Workflow

Srinivasan Ramanan r_m_n_n at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 3 08:35:30 EST 2007

You could try this design :

  Define a new text in SAP for your comments.
  Create a text editor in your custom transaction. User will be able to
enter even an essay!!!
  Use FM 'CREATE_TEXT' when first user entering comments.
  Use FM 'SAVE_TEXT' with appropriate parameters when all the following
users enter/add to an exisiting comment. ( Ensure that you capture existing
text before adding text....involves good bit of ABAP)
Use FM 'READ_TEXT' to show the sequences of text.

One thing I used is : automatically create a last line of text with SAP user
name , date and time...each time user enter/adds text.

Thus chronology will be vivid.

This is all the more of an ABAP coding...

SRamanan