Tip: Container elements in Alert text

רונן פוקס ronenf at paz.co.il
Tue Feb 27 02:17:36 EST 2007

Hello All,

This is not a 100% workflow issue but I think it might be of interest to the group.

In the Alert framework we had a problem that alert texts, both title and body did not show the variables of containers entered in the text.

For example: an alert is triggered each time a service notification is created (Business object type BUS2080)

In the alert definition a container element NOTIFICATION based on object BUS2080 is defined.

The alert text is: Notification &NOTIFICATION.NUMBER& created

At runtime the text shown is: Notification <not found> created.

After a lot of OSS notes searching I got the following reply from SAP:

The text should be defined with only the field name, like this:

OK:           Notification &NUMBER& created
NOT OK:    Notification &NOTIFICATION.NUMBER& created

For some strange reason - this works perfect !
As much as I know this is not documented in any SAP note.

Hope this tip helps !
Cheers,
Ronen