Notification e-mail across systems and technologies?

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Mon Feb 12 03:47:22 EST 2007

I have just a question on SDN
(https://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=317970), but in case
some people here are not active or even members there, here it is:

We have two backend systems in which we are using workflows, so people
can receive work item notifications from up to two systems every day.
One of our systems is on ERP2005, so we have the extended notification
framework available (not using it yet, but that's another story...).

We have not yet started using Universal Worklist, but currently we are
developing our first Guided Procedure solution, and that is one more
reason for looking at Universal Worklist.

I was hoping that there would be a notification solution which could
notify the user about any work item or guided procedure from any system.
In essence, the notification would then correspond to the UWL. From what
I have seen this is not possible. The extended notification solution
also relates to only one source system, and (even worse) there does not
seem to be any way in which we can send e-mail notifications for Guided
Procedures.

The request may sound strange, but Universal Worklist will not be on the
main page in the portal, and there is a real possibility that work items
or GP tasks would sit unnoticed for days or weeks. In a choice between
training everyone to check their Universal Worklist on a daily basis, or
providing a technical solution with notification e-mails, the latter
will be preferred.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn, Statoil OFT GBS BAS DEV SAP

this message.
Thank you.