execute item automatically

Bjorn Demol Bjorn.Demol at oasisconsultants.com
Thu Aug 23 14:18:02 EDT 2007

Hello everyone,
I'm just new to this list, and hope that you guys can point me in the right direction.
I already raised the question at SDN, which started a nice discussion.
The problem explained in a nutshell : user A creates a PO, which has to be approved by user B and user C (in that sequence)
User B receives the item in his inbox and opens it. He decides that the PO is ok, and approves it.
The workitem inbox moves to user B's 'tasks executed by me'.
After this, user C receives an item in his inbox to approve the PO. He opens,decides to be a pain in the butt and rejects the item.
This is were my problem starts : the item from his inbox does not move to his 'tasks executed by me', but to the 'tasks executed by me' from user A (who is the creator of the task).
After raising an OSS note (and being a bit persistent, my apologies SAP-people), it seems that, when a PO gets rejected, the event rejection_start is launched by the creator of the PO.
Basically, the answer is 'works as designed'.

My big issue : the users want to see in their 'tasks executed by me' which PO's were rejected and which were approved.
So I was thinking of a workaround : launch another step which is executed automatically, and ends up in the user's 'tasks executed by me'.
So I was hoping for some help on how to get a text in the user's outbox, 'tasks executed by me'...

thanks in advance !