Best Practices?

Hal Fairless Hal_Fairless-NR at raytheon.com
Thu Aug 16 10:09:21 EDT 2007

Workflow Folk,

        I have recently encounter a situation where a workflow was being
started directly, and although the required information had been added to
the database, the Commit process had not completed and when the w/f tried
to start, the necessary object(s) had not be instantiated.  We changed the
process to initiate an 'event' and let the w/f processes take care of
starting it and everything is now working as expected.  My QUESTIONS to
you all are:

        From a best practice's perspective, what are your thoughts on
starting workflows directly???
        When is it appropriate???
        Have others experienced similar situations and specific
solutions????

Regards and Thanks,

Hal Fairless
SAP Workflow Support