Automatic refresh (SWU_OBUF) -vs- system performance

Serge Boulay serge.boulay at n-spro.com
Wed Apr 11 11:34:34 EDT 2007

Hi all,

My question is around the use of SWU_OBUF. Does anyone know if the use of
this refresh can have any system performance issues?

We are assigning security roles to some task under the possible agent in
order to restrict the forwarding of these items. We also created the
automation of this role assignment when an employee gets the chief
relationship or when he gets the Substitute relationship. All this works
fine but if I get the role assign now, I don't see it in the task 'Display
assigned Agent' of the task until I refresh the buffers.

My solution is to use function module RH_WF_OM_INDICES_TIMESTAMP_RFS (which
is what SWU_OBUF does) when the automatic role assignment is done. My fear
is that it could reduce system performance if it is done multiple times a
day.

Thanks for your feedback!

Serge

/n-Spro inc.