Restrictions on Substitution in SBWP

prasath natesan prasathnatesan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 12:56:56 EDT 2006

Hi Albina,
Thanks for that quick response. That should be a good idea. But i read in
some of the old archives of WUG that substitution overrides the concept of
possible agents itself. i.e a person can execute the workitem even if he is
not a possible agent as he exceutes the workitem under the original user's
access(below link for your reference). In such a case will he be restricted
from executing the workitem by making him as an excluded agent?

http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/sap-wug/2003-August/010241.html

 I have been googling around for this and found a function module -
RH_SUBSTITUTION_MAINTAIN
which is used to maintain substitutes. Any idea on usage of this function
module? Will it be possible to customize this function module and use it for
my requirements?

  Albina Fernando
   <albinafernando at gmail.com> to sap-wug
 More options   11:22 am (22 minutes ago)  hi Prasanth,

  In a Workitem or in a particular task , we have the option of Excluded
agents. You can exclude the agents that you don't want to view/execute the
Workitem. You will need to create a Container element and populate it with
the list of agents who are not authorized to view/execute the work item and
then pass this Container element in the Place where it says Excluded agents.

  Through the Maintain Substitute option in SBWP, you won't be able to do
that.

Thanks
Albina