Reciprocal of 168

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Wed Sep 13 01:47:19 EDT 2006

I can't be certain, but I think you are out of luck, due to both of your
requirements, but especially due to the "continue if Chiefless" - unless
you are on a higher version (than 46c) with additional possibilities. We
have similar requirements here for hierarchy traversing, so custom
function modules are in use.

One tip from my past experience: check with your users what the
behaviour should be if the unit has a chief or reports to relationship,
but the position pointed to in that relationship does not have a holder
- is that considered a unit with or without a chief? Standard SAP would
be (if I have understood things right) to assume that it is a unit with
chief, but temporarily without a holder of the position. In other
companies (no names mentioned) that is considered a unit without chief
because it is common knowledge that large parts of the business don't
maintain the OM master data properly.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn, Statoil OFT GBS BAS DEV SAP