Workitem is going to everyone

Sandip Jana sandip.jana at in.ibm.com
Tue Sep 12 18:52:08 EDT 2006

Thanks Mark,
I am in release 640. The first option is not feasible for my case. For the
second case, Do I need to get the possible agents using SAP function
module and then filter it out?

Thanks,
Sandip

"Mark Pyc" <mark.pyc at gmail.com>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
09/12/2006 02:30 PM
Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
cc

Subject
Re: Workitem is going to everyone

G'day Sandip,

The reaction to "Responsible not Possible" changes between releases. It's
always important to specify which release you're on when posting a WUG
message.

If you're in a release where it goes to all possibles ( 4.6 I believe)
rather than you're desired outcome of becoming a "Workitem without Agent"
then you have some choices. One would be to use General tasks with Rules
that fail on no result - basically you're trusting that the Rule will only
find valid agents. Another which I've employed is to use Programmed Rules
(Function Module Rules - in fact Roles if you're in 4.6 I think) which
ensure that the Responsible agents are Possible agents. For this to work
you need the task number as a parameter (container element) of the Ruole.

Have fun,
Mark