Deadlines based on factory calendar - is The Book wrong?

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Wed Oct 4 21:20:43 EDT 2006

Hi Folks,
The Book wrong??? !!! Say it isn't so! ;-)

No seriously folks this one definitely works.
There are a couple of different ways of coding it but all should end up
using fm END_TIME_DETERMINE which does count up the working days from
your base date/time.

Things that sometimes can go wrong on site are:
* You aren't passing a factory calendar id or aren't passing the correct
factory calendar id
* Your factory calendar doesn't exist - or doesn't extend to the dates
you are using - default approach is usually to try again without factory
calendar
* Ditto for the holiday calendar linked to your factory calendar
* Your baseline date/time is wrong - e.g. the date/time passed in is
from the wrong timezone - remember the baseline date/time needs to be
based on the work being done - not the agents doing it

If you want to pass in a specific start date/time rather than use
today's date/time that's fine of course - you would simply need to
extend the solution in the book a little further.

You should not have to write your own code unless you don't want to use
a factory calendar at all - e.g. if you only have a holiday calendar (in
which case you are on your own...).

And yes if you want to calculate long deadlines based on working days -
60 days is more effective than 2 months.

Oh and if you have to work out an "early" deadline - i.e. number of days
BEFORE a certain date, then use fm START_TIME_DETERMINE.  Works a treat.

Regards,
Jocelyn Dart
Senior Consultant
SAP Australia Pty Ltd.
Level 1/168 Walker St.
North Sydney
NSW, 2060
Australia
T   +61 412 390 267
M   + 61 412 390 267
E   jocelyn.dart at sap.com
http://www.sap.com

The information contained in or attached to this electronic transmission
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for
the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any distribution,
copying, review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this
electronic transmission or the information contained in it is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error,
please immediately contact the sender to arrange for the return of the
original documents.
Electronic transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure and
accordingly, the sender does not accept liability for any such data
corruption, interception, unauthorized amendment, viruses, delays or the
consequences thereof.
Any views expressed in this electronic transmission are those of the
individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the
sender is authorized to state them to be the views of SAP AG or any of
its subsidiaries. SAP AG, its subsidiaries, and their directors,
officers and employees make no representation nor accept any liability
for the accuracy or completeness of the views or information contained
herein. Please be aware that the furnishing of any pricing information/
business proposal herein is indicative only, is subject to change and
shall not be construed as an offer or as constituting a binding
agreement on the part of SAP AG or any of its subsidiaries to enter into
any relationship, unless otherwise expressly stated.