Using BDC in a FuncLoc workflow

Mike Pokraka asap at workflowconnections.com
Wed Nov 8 04:46:47 EST 2006

Hmmmm... don't tell anyone I said this, but I think that the Zfields do
provide some justification to bend the rules a little:

Method ZCREATE calls CREATE and if it's successful it does a direct table
update for the Z-data. Read the data in first and do some locking etc to
make absolutely sure you're ONLY updating the additional Z fields.

Just my thoughts, sometimes trying to do things the 'right' way can create
more potential for problems than breaking the rules does. Custom fields
won't be included in any SAP validation and whatever processes, so you're
missing the benefit of a BDC already.

Cheers,
Mike