Send mail problems

Lowe, Henry henry.lowe at logicacmg.com
Wed Nov 1 13:51:31 EST 2006

I have two issues with my 'send mail' steps currently.

1)     On one of my workflows I am getting a duplicate mail sent to the
inbox of the recipient, it is arriving about 10 seconds after the first
one. This is most odd and I have been investigating it for quite a while
now. It is sent to a recipient which is generated from an attribute of
the business object I am using. I can't think of anything else to say on
this as it is just a seemingly straightforward step/task but is
producing this odd result. Has anyone else come across this before?

2)     On another workflow I have two send mail steps. They are set up
to go to different recipients with different subjects/contents etc. The
strange thing is that the second mail is sent with the same
subject/contents as the first one. This is only apparent in the
recipient's inbox as the workflow log shows the correct second mail
being sent with the container elements being filled as they should be.
This is definitely not another duplication issue as (1) as I have tested
for this and ruled it out.

I'm hoping someone can help me with these. I am still pretty new to
workflow and am finding the sendmail step, while appearing to be pretty
straightforward, is giving me by far the most problems.

I am on leave from tomorrow until next Wednesday so apologies for not
being able to reply until then.

Regards,

Henry.

Henry Lowe