OL808: Object with runtime number '0' not defined

PEOU Tom T Tom_PEOU at rta.nsw.gov.au
Fri May 19 00:06:18 EDT 2006

Hi Paul,

SYSTEM.GENERICINSTANTIATE is quite simple once you know how to bind the
right expressions into the method.
ObjectKey <- (Bind the key of the object that you want to instantiate
here)
(Look at your Object and identify it's key field/s - if there is more
than one key field, then you need to concatenate the keys into one
attribute)
ObjectType <- (Bind the Object eg. BUS1065)
(This is the Object type that you wish to get an instance of)

ObjectInstance -> (Name of Container for your instance of that object)
(create a workflow container and set the object type to be the object to
be instantiated).

Here's an example of binding into your INSTANTIATE task with BOR type
WF_DOC (Sorry, I'm still on 4.6c and don't have CA_DOC to make example
of).
ObjectKey <- &ZWF_DOC.DocKey& (DocKey is a concatenate of the 2 key
fields LOIO_ID & LOIO_CLASS and made as an attribute in delegated object
ZWF_DOC).
ObjectType <- WF_DOC

ObjectInstance -> WFDocument (Just a WF Container of Object Type WF_DOC)

Hope that helps.

Tom Peou
Workflow & ESS Administrator
Roads & Traffic Authority

Dear WUG,

We are on 4.7 (Basis 6.2). I have a 'writeoff approval' workflow where a
clearing document is created, and its document number is returned.

I want to _instantiate_ this object in the workflow container, so that
users can navigate from the clearing document to the workflow (via
object
services).

To achieve this, I have added an extra step to the workflow, which calls
the method SYSTEM.GENERICINSTANTIATE. This method is (allegedly!) able
instantiate any object, given the object type and key.

However, the workflow keeps going into error, with the following
message:

      "OL808: Object with runtime number '0' not defined".

Binding seems to be working ok: I checked that the document number is in
the workitem's
container. The BOR object type is CA_DOC.

What am I missing... Has anyone gotten SYSTEM.GENERICINSTANTIATE it to
work?

cheers
Paul

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachment to it are intended only to be read or used by the named addressee. It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistaken transmission to you. The RTA is not responsible for any unauthorised alterations to this e-mail or attachment to it. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the RTA. If you receive this e-mail in error, please immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender. You must not disclose, copy or use any part of this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.