OL808: Object with runtime number '0' not defined

Paul.Bakker@osr.treasury.qld.gov.au Paul.Bakker at osr.treasury.qld.gov.au
Thu May 18 23:02:20 EDT 2006

Hi again

After some further investigation, I've discovered that the writeoff
document has not yet been created at the time the 'instantiate' method is
called!

An earlier method for creating the document succeeds OK, and passes back
the document number, but the object itself doesn't exist when the next
workflow step is executed.

So now I have a new question: if an object is created during the course of
a workflow, when is it actually committed to the database? Do you need to
add an explicit 'COMMIT WORK' step?

I assume that there must be an implicit 'commit work' when the workflow
ends, or when a dialog task is created..

thanks in advance for any pointers..
Paul
(Brisbane)

|---------+----------------------------------->
|         |           Paul.Bakker at osr.treasury|
|         |           .qld.gov.au             |
|         |           Sent by:                |
|         |           sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu |
|         |                                   |
|         |                                   |
|         |           19/05/2006 09:17        |
|         |           Please respond to "SAP  |
|         |           Workflow Users' Group"  |
|         |                                   |
|---------+----------------------------------->
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                        |
  |       To:       sap-wug at mit.edu                                                                                        |
  |       cc:                                                                                                              |
  |       Subject:  OL808: Object with runtime number '0' not defined                                                      |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Dear WUG,

We are on 4.7 (Basis 6.2). I have a 'writeoff approval' workflow where a
clearing document is created, and its document number is returned.

I want to _instantiate_ this object in the workflow container, so that
users can navigate from the clearing document to the workflow (via object
services).

To achieve this, I have added an extra step to the workflow, which calls
the method SYSTEM.GENERICINSTANTIATE. This method is (allegedly!) able to
instantiate any object, given the object type and key.

However, the workflow keeps going into error, with the following message:

      "OL808: Object with runtime number '0' not defined".

Binding seems to be working ok: I checked that the document number is in
the workitem's
container. The BOR object type is CA_DOC.

What am I missing... Has anyone gotten SYSTEM.GENERICINSTANTIATE it to
work?

cheers
Paul

******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Only an individual or entity who is intended to be a recipient of this
e-mail may access or use the information contained in this e-mail or any of
its attachments.  Opinions contained in this e-mail or any of its
attachments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Queensland Treasury.

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be
legally privileged and the subject of copyright.  If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify Queensland Treasury immediately and erase
all copies of the e-mail and the attachments.  Queensland Treasury uses
virus scanning software.  However, it is not liable for viruses present in
this e-mail or in any attachment.