SRM - Workflow for Bid Invitation approvals - Retain button ?

Susan R. Keohan keohan at ll.mit.edu
Wed Jun 28 16:21:16 EDT 2006

A little more info...
The docu says:

> New Retain Function for Back-and-Forth Processing
>
> The new Retain function/pushbutton for all back-and-forth-enabled approval workflows allows the
> current processor to "hold" the document for processing at a later date. The work item remains in
> the approver's Inbox. Any changes are saved in the document. When you retain a document in this
> way, the status of the document does not change and the document is not locked. (If retained
> documents are changed by the purchaser, for example, the workflow process restarts.)

We've found that the BADI N-step workflow, WS14500028, provides a 'Return to Purchaser' button, and
we really don't want the 'Return to Purchaser' button, so we are just using the one-step.
It seems the SRM WF folks have buried a lot of stuff in the container element:

ApprovalProcessType

Has anyone seen any documentation on what this little element does ?? (Besides confuse the dickens
out of us)

--
Susan R. Keohan
SAP Workflow Developer