SRM - Workflow for Bid Invitation approvals - Retain button ?

Susan R. Keohan keohan at ll.mit.edu
Wed Jun 28 15:29:01 EDT 2006

SRM 5.0

Workfow WS14500027 (Workflow for Bid Invitations 1 step approval) is turned on, and starts
correctly.  The real question is, from the approver's inbox, if they drill into the Bid, there are
buttons for Approve, Reject, Retain, Change, Refresh, Download, and Output Preview.
I understand what Approve, Reject, Change, etc. do.

What is the Retain button supposed to do ?  When I press it, it tells me the Bid has been retained.
  However, another approver can still see the approval task in their inbox.   The workflow log does
not show any action has been taken on the Bid (I was kind of hoping that Retain meant the same thing
as 'Reserve' did in R/3).

Any clues ?

Happy WF-ing,
Sue