Identifying positions by people's names in SRM org structure?

Mike Pokraka asap at workflowconnections.com
Thu Jun 22 05:05:18 EDT 2006

G'Day folks,

Just a general query: I'm on my second SRM site where positions are not
positions ('Warehouse Manager') but created and named for each person
('John Smith') - with a person/business partner/user of the same name
attached.

When someone leaves/moves, the position is deleted/moved and a new one
created/moved for their replacement. This means that position-related
approval data has to be altered (needless to say this is a painful way
to do things) and I have yet to be given a convincing argument why it
should be so.

Since I've now seen it twice I'm wondering how many others abuse their
SRM org charts and if there's any common reason it should be this way?
Is this a recurring SRM theme or have I just been unfortunate enough to
stumble across the only two sites in the world?

Input appreciated!
Cheers,
Mike