Deadline texts using the Reevaluate Agent Events

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Thu Jun 15 20:36:27 EDT 2006

Mark,

1. Deadline indicators have absolutely nothing to do with the "marking
obsolete" of the work item. Nor with the seriously annoying bouncing
message in the SBWP inbox.  Suggest you check the deadline job SWWDHEX
has run and check the technical work item display to make sure the work
item deadline end has been reached and that the deadline has been
escalated.  It may be that bouncing message only appears for simple
deadlines but I had thought it was appearing for modelled deadlines as
well.

2. Rather than playing around with a convoluted IF statement why not
just have a container element in the task that holds some sort of "This
work is now overdue" message that you can display in your task. When you
first create the work item the container element is empty, when the
deadline is triggered you use SAP_WAPI_WRITE_CONTAINER to update the
task container.  So long as you display the message in the long text it
should automatically appear in the work item text.
Watch out if you are using the UWL as you need to sort out your cache
administration to get it to read the new text.

Regards,
Jocelyn Dart
Senior Consultant
SAP Australia Pty Ltd.
Level 1/168 Walker St.
North Sydney
NSW, 2060
Australia
T   +61 412 390 267
M   + 61 412 390 267
E   jocelyn.dart at sap.com
http://www.sap.com <http://www.sap.com/>

The information contained in or attached to this electronic transmission
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for
the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any distribution,
copying, review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this
electronic transmission or the information contained in it is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error,
please immediately contact the sender to arrange for the return of the
original documents.

Electronic transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure and
accordingly, the sender does not accept liability for any such data
corruption, interception, unauthorized amendment, viruses, delays or the
consequences thereof.

Any views expressed in this electronic transmission are those of the
individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the
sender is authorized to state them to be the views of SAP AG or any of
its subsidiaries. SAP AG, its subsidiaries, and their directors,
officers and employees make no representation nor accept any liability
for the accuracy or completeness of the views or information contained
herein. Please be aware that the furnishing of any pricing information/
business proposal herein is indicative only, is subject to change and
shall not be construed as an offer or as constituting a binding
agreement on the part of SAP AG or any of its subsidiaries to enter into
any relationship, unless otherwise expressly stated.