Deadline texts using the Reevaluate Agent Events

Mark Pyc mark.pyc at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 11:10:38 EDT 2006

G'day all,

ECC 5.0 NW04

I've been playing around with the use of triggering an event in a modeled
deadline path to recalculate agents to include the deadline recipients. I
can get this to happen however there seem to be some side effects.

Since the Workitem is not marked as obsolete the Deadline indicators do not
get set. Therefore no little bouncing message in the item preview. No
indicator that the item is overdue.

I want to be able to have dynamic text changes so that the original
recipient knows that it's passed deadline and the new agents know why they
are seeing it. I can not figure it out. I have tried in vain to do an IF
statement comparing current date and time to the deadline date/time.

Part of the problem is that you can't have an IF condition that goes over a
line in length. This is a problem since the logic is:
IF &_WORKITEM.LATESTENDDATE& < &SY-DATUM& or &_WORKITEM.LATESTENDDATE&  =
&SY-DATUM& and &_WORKITEM.LATESTENDTIME&  < &SY-UZEIT&.
This can be resolved using DEFINE statements and the creation of
abreviations.

The next part is that you don't have the option of using bracketed
statements or even having logical precedence of operators.

I tried a concatenation of variable so that 'datetime' can be compared, but
I can't get the deadline date in yyyymmdd format (I can for sy-datum) and
therefore comparisons are pointless.

I then got desperate and tried a PERFORM, but even that wouldn't work. Not
really sure why.

This all seems too difficult.

Is anyone using the Agent Reevaluation technique? If so how do you handle it
so that users recognise it as a workitem passed deadline??

I was persuing this technique really primarily so that Workitem execution
times could be reported accurately and secondly to because the design gives
a relatively clean flow diagram. If I can't let the users know that deadline
has passed though it doesn't seem such a hot solution.

Any thoughts?

Thanks Mark

(PS my SRM DEV environment died from overheating and has been down for over
a week now - I will get back on the SRM case once I've got a system again)