Material Master Workflow

K Vijayasekar kvsekar_cit at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 21 00:04:20 EDT 2006

Hi Friends ,
                    Presently i'm given a task of creating workflow for material master creation.  Following is the scenario...

  1. One user ( Initiator ) will create a basic data 1 & 2  and  the workflow should be triggered .

  2. Other views like Sales , MRP , Scheduling will be created by different people , hence each user should receive a workitem in their sap inbox  for creating the required view.

  I have identified  business object BUS1001006 for this workflow and i'm planning to use the following methods and events.

  Events :
                 Created --> to trigger the workflow
                 ViewCreated --> terminating event for the Workitem ( for view creation )

  Methods :

     GetMissedViews --> to get all the required views to be created for this material.
     CreateView         --> to create required for the material.

  I'm facing two problems......

  1. Using "GetMissedViews" i'm getting all the missing view details in a multiline container element . I have created parallel task ( by putting multiline container element in the "Others" tab . Terminating event for this task is "ViewCreated".
  Depending on the no. of views in the multiline item , that many workitem gets created.
  The issue is if once view gets created all the other workitems are removed from my inbox ( status completed ).

  2. At the time of creation of basic data1 & 2 , the org. elements are not required . I want to determine the agent for rest of the views by the org.elements . How can we acheive it ???

  Help me to reslove above 2 issues ......If any done workflow material master please do share you technical expetise...

  Regards,
  Vijay