Workflow error

John A Haworth jhoworth at csc.com
Thu Jan 26 09:04:17 EST 2006

Hi

I am seeing an error message from within my workflow log that hopefully
someone could help me understand. The error occurs when a modelled deadline
is activated.

Fork from node 840 has not been released again yet
Diagnosis

The fork from node 840 cannot be entered again yet in workflow no. 1702875
since it still contains open activities which may result from a previous
loop pass.

System Response

The response from work item 1702882 was terminated and ignored.

Procedure

A fork with m branches which is already completed after n paths (n < m) can
only be entered again when it no longer contains any open activities , that
is the workflow was resumed after the relevant join node.

Check the process using the workflow log.

The task with the modelled deadline is within a '1 of 4' fork. If the
deadline is passed, the new path issues a 'deadline' event and another fork
path is listening for the event and continues, coming out of the fork, when
the event is raised.

Hope I have made explained myself.

Many thanks

John