Workflow substitutes in a multi SAP system component lanscape

Mikko Mäki-Rahkola mikkomr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 02:04:18 EST 2006

Hi Jerry,

I think you have got the wrong information, UWL substitute management does
link to the backend substitutions and maintains them beautifully in the
lates versions. I verified this by testing an EP6.0 SP14/ECC5.0 system and
after maintaining the substitutions of person A in the portal, A:s work
items were displayed without any problems in person B:s Business Workplace
in the ECC system.

With regards to the substitute management updating multiple backends, I
wasn't able to test this fully but I put in a screenshot from the substitute
maintenance screen (attached) which implies that multiple backends can be
updated. So I would with 99% certainty say that yes, it's possible too.

I haven't actually done the UWL systems config here but I think there's
nothing else to it regarding substitutions than configuring the systems.
Substitution rules can also be maintained in the backend system.

Hope this helps,
Mikko