Sending Internet mail from workflow in 4.6c - I am so confused.

Andy.M.Catherall@csplc.com Andy.M.Catherall at csplc.com
Fri Jan 13 04:08:48 EST 2006

Hi

I appreciate that the conversation has moved on, but I want to clarify a
point made early on: The fact that the comm type was 'INT' and - partially
as a result of using CUA - it could not be changed.

We are using 4.6C and CUA. We have been making sure that a user's comm type
is set up as 'SMTP' and that their full email address was included. We were
told to do this so as to make sure that the emails were delivered, but is
there some potential consequence of having defined this setting?

Also, I find transaction SOST pretty useful whilst trying to identify email
problems.

Cheers
Andy

                      "Hilsbos, Margaret
                      A"                        To:       "SAP-WUG \(E-mail\)" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
                      <Margaret.Hilsbos@        cc:
                      dayzim.com>               Subject:  Sending Internet mail from workflow in 4.6c - I am so confused.
                      Sent by:
                      sap-wug-bounces at mi
                      t.edu

                      11/01/2006 15:39
                      Please respond to
                      "SAP Workflow
                      Users' Group"

Hello WUG'ers,

I hope someone is feeling charitable today. I am just having brain-lock on
this I'm sure.

The system is 4.6c.

I want my workflow to send an email that lands in the recipient's Outlook
inbox. I am using a custom task based on selfitem.sendtaskdescription.  The
recipient (myself, for testing purposes) receives the mail in their SAP
Workplace Inbox. Fine so far. The email was not created in the SCOT queue,
but I am not too surprised at this point.

I thought I understood that for email to go to Outlook, the user had to
have their Auto-forwarding set. So I tried to set my auto-forwarding and I
get this error message: "The forwarder and the recipient are identical."
So I look at my SU01 and find that I have comm type INT with my internet
address set up. I'm guessing that is why I got the error message on the
auto-forward setup. (I don't have access to change it in this system
though, so I can't test that. We probably won't want to. We are using CUA
and I have a feeling the internet addresses are loaded on user masters for
a reason.)

So, if I can't set my auto-forwarding because the INT comm type already
holds my email address, then why wasn't the mail created in the SAP queue?

Can anyone help me with what I'm missing and what I need to do here?

Thanks so much for any help you can give.

Margaret Hilsbos
(215) 299-5630

This e-mail is confidential and may contain privileged information.  If you are not the addressee or if you have received the e-mail in error,  it may be unlawful for you to read, copy, distribute, disclose or otherwise use the information which it contains.

Under these circumstances, please notify us immediately by returning this mail to 'mailerror at csplc.com' and deleting this e-mail from your system.

Any views expressed by an individual within this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the views of Cadbury Schweppes Plc or its subsidiaries.  Whilst we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from viruses,  recipients are advised to subject this mail to their own virus checking, in keeping with good computing practice.

Visit our website at www.cadburyschweppes.com