WF_ADMIN is dying?

Wright, Sherman Sherman.Wright at lsil.com
Thu Jan 12 20:57:16 EST 2006

 Hi All -

Our auditors have informed me that, due to Sarbanes Oxley, the WF_ADMIN
ID in our production system will be changed.  The choices are that it be
1) De-activated; 2) Converted to a NON-Dialog account; or 3) that it
will have the BARE MINIMUM Display-ONLY access.   The idea is that,
since we have shared firefighter IDs, one of those can be used for
anything necessary.  In trying to document the use and need for the
WF_ADMIN, I went to the SAP Library - SAP Business Workflow
(http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/a5/172437130e0d09e10000
009b38f839/frameset.htm) as well as a couple of other sites (SDN, and
the WUG Archives).  Surprisingly, I was unable to find ANYTHING about
the need and uses of the WF_ADMIN User ID.  Is it a thing of the past?
Has Sarbanes Oxley already killed it (they REALLY don't like "generic"
IDs, you know...)?

I have surprisingly mixed feelings about this.  I understand what they
are saying, and why they feel the way they do.  But at the same time,
I'm used to doing things a certain way (8-1/2 years now) and I really
resent the "intrusion".

Anyway, how would YOU feel?  IS there a necessity for the WF_ADMIN ID?
Are there things for which ONLY the WF_ADMIN ID should be used?  Can it
all be done by properly authorized individuals?  Am I clinging to a
relic of the past?  I'd really like to hear your opinions...

And thank you for letting me vent to the only group of people that would
have any idea of what I'm talking about!     :^)

Regards,
Sherman