Work Item Description Contains ASCII Characters

Kjetil Kilhavn (KJETILK) KJETILK at statoil.com
Mon Feb 20 05:31:25 EST 2006

The work item texts are set at the time of work item creation, so if the notification is created in the employee's context it would be Chinese, and unless you are running a Unicode system you're asking for trouble (such as the trouble you have observed). There is a user option (at least in 4.6C) for displaying texts in logon language. Of course that requires that texts have been translated. Besides, for all I know it only affects the SAP Business Workplace inbox.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn, Statoil ØFT KTJ ITS CBS SAP Basis