Question in Travel Management - workflow

Sauceman, James E (Jim) sauceman at utk.edu
Fri Feb 17 09:54:28 EST 2006

Bala,

This is the message one receives if someone is editing the Trip when the
background task attempts to update the status. I know it says,
"Personnel Number..." and maybe that is correct on some level, but this
frequently happens when someone uses the Edit transaction to display
Trip information (instead of the Display transaction). I highly
recommend coding for it in your workflow definition. I created a loop
that attempts the status change up to 5 additional times waiting 5
minutes between each attempt. If it still can't update it, it sends a
work item to our Travel Office and someone from there contacts the
offending user and then executes another work item that attempts the
update yet again. Of course the 5 attempts and 5 minute delay were a
local decision; you can make this what you think is best.

Regards,

Jim Sauceman ...................... sauceman at tennessee.edu
<mailto:sauceman at tennessee.edu>
University of Tennessee