Agent determination - best practice

Andy Curtis abcurtis at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 15:40:38 EST 2006

Whats the best practice when creating a rule to determine agents?  I have
seen many times a FM that will not stop until it determines a US agent.  But
I think this is not so good.  I think it better to deliver the Work Item to
the Position (S) and allow SAP to determine the US agent.  The benefit I
believe is that substitutions can then be made based on Position, so HR
workflows can be substituted to one person and Financial WI's to another.
(I know this could be done with classifications on the tasks as well).  Also
if the Org structure is amended, the WI delivered to a position (S) then
gets a US agent and the WI is delivered.

The case for delivering to a US agent appears to be that if the US agent
cannot be determined, the Wf goes into Error status and can be dealt with by
Wf Admin.  But I think using SWI5 the Wf admin can pick up these WI's as
well.

Anyone got a view?

Andy