workflow attachments

Sharath Chandra Kotla ksharath77 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 20 18:43:44 EST 2006

Steve,
  Thanks for the reply. SOFM->'Create' method is dialog method.I need to do it in a background method.
  Here I am trying to incldue more details:client is having a function module which gives the contents of PDF file(Invoice Scanned docuement) in RAW format(Data Type SOLIX_TAB).
  In my workflow I need to create a PDF attachment before my the decision  step. This file should be attached to decision step.

  we are using 'SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1'. to send to Outlook email and SAP email.
  It is workong fine for out look but not for SAP email.
  is there any way I can do it and create a SOFM object and use _attach_objects in workflow.

  2 nd way:
  How to insert this image document into BUS2081 with 'Key'. Even this will solve my issue.
  If I can do this workflow approver can open the scanned document from MIR4 and can see Attachments.

  This is the major difficulty that I am facing now...I appreciate any help in this regard....

  thanks,
  Sharath.

"Stevens, Seth" <Seth.Stevens at anadarko.com> wrote:
      Sharath,

  This can be done by creating a method that reads the binary for the file and uses the create method of SOFM to generate the attachment.  Pass the attachment(s) back to the workflow and bind it to the &_ATTACH_OBJECTS& container element.

  I'm sure there are other ways to do this but this one seems to work for us.

  Thanks,
  Seth