Classes as event receivers

Philip Kisloff pkisloff at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Dec 18 17:59:20 EST 2006

Hi all,

I want to create an event receiver using a class instead of a function
module. I've created a class with user interface
BI_EVENT_HANDLER_STATIC, as I can only see classes using that interface
are selectable in the event linkage table.

Fortunately, it works - but only up to a point. I can create the event
and in synchronous mode break-point inside the method ON_EVENT.
Unfortunately, the next step is defeating me: how to pick up the object
key? I've tried including interface IF_SWF_EVT_EVENT and calling method
GET_OBJECT_KEY, but the attribute m_standard_elements-objkey is just not
getting filled.

Am I missing something obvious ? Or not so obvious ? I'm using the SAP
WAS 6.40 testdrive.

Phil