ESS WORKFLOW in ECC 6

Hanbey, Tim tihanbey at seattleschools.org
Wed Dec 6 14:44:39 EST 2006

Question 2:

It is the generic one, and typically folks make a Z Copy of it and make
their changes. Who it gets approved by is not dictated by the workflow
but by the ESS/MSS Applications. See below.

Question 3:

You need to go into SPRO, then into Personnel Management -> Employee
Self-Service ->Service-Specific Settings ->Working Time -> Leave Request
-> Processing Processes

You have to customize a Rule Group, a Personnel Sub-Area and the
Att./Absence Type which your workflow will apply.

Then there is a section 'Workflow Template' this is where you assign the
Workflow for the particular A/A Type.

Question 4: SIMG_SPORT -> Manager Self-Service.

You'll see Object and Data Provider.  This is in itself a task to
configure, but there is documentation to help you out, it basically just
is a series of rules and views for controlling what manager's can see
and what they can approve.

You now take those views and assign them to a Rule Group:

SIMG_SPORT -> Manager Self-Service ->Working Time -> Approve Working
Time -> Select Employees

This is a sample entry in that table.

00000001          All        01/01/2000        12/31/2099
Approval Mode   View Group (MSS)         ESS_LEA_EE

To make a long story short, a lot of this is done in the ESS/MSS
Configuration and not in the Workflow itself.

-Tim Hanbey