Role resolution fails (work centers and virtual attibutes)

Thomas Maue Thomas.Maue at ipaper.com
Wed Dec 6 12:31:15 EST 2006

Torsten,

1) Check to make sure the responsibilities moved - have had problems
transporting.

2) If you are testing the role directly in production, disregard number 1.
My next suggestion would be check the authorizations - most likely problem.

3) Look for OSS notes regarding Work Centers.  Have had to apply in the
past for agent resolution - it's been a while but think I had to update an
evaluation path.
Regards,
Thomas Maue

             faq at saportal.net
             Sent by:
             sap-wug-bounces at m                                          To
             it.edu                    <sap-wug at mit.edu>
                                                                        cc

             12/06/2006 10:38                                      Subject
             AM                        Role resolution fails (work centers
                                       and virtual attibutes)

             Please respond to
               "SAP Workflow
               Users' Group"
             <sap-wug at mit.edu>

Yo Joe Flow,

We are using SAP workflow (4.6B)to process incoming invoices. The agent
assignment is done via roles, which resolve through responsibilities
(relationship type B 007) to work centers which have users assigned
(relationship type A008) (Transaction PO01).

We experience critical production problems with this set up. Those work
center relationships do not resolve into the right agents and no agents are
determined.
When we test the roles in TAC PFAC_DIS, we do not see any of those issues.

We are also wondering, if the fact that we use virtual attributes for the
role resolution might cause some issues, when the system gets hit really
hard performancewise?

Since it's a production issue, any advise is highly appreciated! Maybe our
workflow brains from down under and the England can drop their opinion (you
know who I mean;) )

Cheers,
Torsten