Role resolution fails (work centers and virtual attibutes)

faq@saportal.net faq at saportal.net
Wed Dec 6 11:38:04 EST 2006

Yo Joe Flow,

We are using SAP workflow (4.6B)to process incoming invoices. The agent assignment is done via roles, which resolve through responsibilities (relationship type B 007) to work centers which have users assigned (relationship type A008) (Transaction PO01).

We experience critical production problems with this set up. Those work center relationships do not resolve into the right agents and no agents are determined.
When we test the roles in TAC PFAC_DIS, we do not see any of those issues.

We are also wondering, if the fact that we use virtual attributes for the role resolution might cause some issues, when the system gets hit really hard performancewise?

Since it's a production issue, any advise is highly appreciated! Maybe our workflow brains from down under and the England can drop their opinion (you know who I mean;) )

Cheers,
Torsten