Overall release of purchase requistions with standard WF - rule error

Ronen Fox Ronen.Fox at ness.com
Tue Aug 22 02:50:36 EDT 2006

Hello All,

On an ECC 5.00 system the following error occurs:

We want to use the standard WS00000038 for overall release of the req. When customizing the release strategy in SPRO we mark the release groups relevant for WF with "1" and in the WF configuration enter the release code+group+agent BUT without a plant. (The plant field is left blank)

However once the wf is started it goes into error status due to rule resolution problem.

I remember that there was an SAP note about this but can't seem to find it in sapnet.

Any clues ?

Thank you very much for your help,

Ronen