RSWUWFML2 and e-mail address

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Tue Aug 15 09:36:18 EDT 2006

No you can not, so there are two possible solutions:
1) modify RSWUWFML2 to read e-mail addresses from employee records
2) update user data with e-mail addresses

If it does not crash severely with other requirements I would recommend creating function module that links to a HR infotype event and update the user data with the e-mail address from the associated employee instead of modifying RSWUWFML2 to find the e-mail address from the employee data. Of course a full-blown workflow is also an option, then you could have N parallell steps, 1 for each system in which a users can exist for this - unless you already have a synchronization solution for that. Alternatively you can of course create a report that updates every user every night, but why waste CPU when you have a great workflow engine to assist you?

One advantage of updating the user records instead of changing RSWUWFML2 is that you don't have to have any special handling for users without employee records. For those the e-mail address is simply defined on the user record directly. If you change RSWUWFML2 and want a solid solution you have to check the user record if you don't find an employee or the employee doesn't have an e-mail address.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn, Statoil ØFT KTJ BAS DEV SAP