Existing workitems still execute old workflow tasks after buffer refresh

Tom Peou tompeou at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 07:14:09 EDT 2006

Hi Mad ABAPper…

You might want to try the following:

- After the buffer refresh, "Generate Runtime Version" of your new
Workflow (go to transaction PFTC_DIS on production, open the Workflow
Definition -> Workflow (menu) -> Generate Runtime Version)
- If you modified your BOR – Please Generate that too.
- Ensure that the correct Workflow is being triggered. Test it through
SWU0 (event simulation).
- You can also check the event linkages in SWETYPV.

Give that a shot.

Cheers,
Tom

------
Greetings all,

We transported a change to an existing workflow template into our production
client yesterday afternoon. The change consisted of a change in the "Agent
Determination" of an existing step, and the removal of several other
unneccesary steps. I refreshed the buffer using transaction 'SWU_OBUF'
shortly after the transport was successfully moved.

Today, I see that existing work items are still using the old workflow
template, and this is causing problems. I really need these existing work
items to use my new Agent Determination changes.

What can I do to force existing workflow work items to load my new template
so it can use my new Agent Determination changes.

Thanks