Implementing Workflow with out HR

Partha Chatterjee pchatterjee at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 11:07:45 EDT 2006

K,

1) Yes you need infotype 105 for the most part and Yes you can have multiple
org units active.

2) Rules work well if you don't have complicated agent determination
mappings, otherwise you end up creating too many entries.

3) This offers the most flexibility with use of a z-table or in combination
with using your custom org.

In my experience, (1) by far the worst option with the least flexibility and
I only use it when there is an absolute match to routings in workflow or a
client requirement.  Also, you have to remember in many large organizations,
HR wants to have nothing to do with maintaining workflow mappings.  Just my
2 cents.

Partha