Substitutions

Mike Pokraka asap at workflowconnections.com
Tue Apr 25 09:33:44 EDT 2006

Hi Claude,
You will have to do some custom stuff here. If you're working with active
personal substitutes, then you have a lot of fun options. Look at table
HRUS_D2 which contains your subs.

The trick is knowing when to trigger it. I doubt there are change docs
against that table, so maybe a daily job might be necessary, or a
userexit/badi in the subst maintenance. No idea and no time to look
myself.

You could use WF to your advantage here: for the 'you have substitution
on' reminder, create a task with a latest end of the substitution end. It
will sit in the inbox of anyone is foolish enough to return to work a week
early, but will quietly disappear on the day substitution ends. A minor
paradox is that it will also be visible to the substitute but they must
just ignore it - or it can serve as a reminder/notice to the sub that they
are substituting.

For the second scenario, you can use a WI with a requested start of subst
end minus two days that sends a mail.

The possibilities are endless...
Cheers,
Mike Pokraka