Sending mail as attachment

Mike Pokraka asap at workflowconnections.com
Mon Apr 10 17:06:51 EDT 2006

Greetings all,

Apologies if this is more SapConnect than Workflow-related, but I figured folks here are pretty knowledgeable :-)

I have inherited a setup which is moving from a Lotus Notes connector to a standard SMTP internet mail server setup. The fun part is a certain workflow which sent a SOFM attachment as an attachment via Notes/Domino, which dutifully arrived at a .txt attachment with the original contents.

Switch to a standard SMTP-compliant server and all I get is an attachment which contains a persistent object reference:
<SID><client> SOFM      FOLnn000000000004EXTnn000000000nnn                                    *<OBJECT>*

The attachment filename itself is:
Q99_999 SOFM FOL99000000000099EXT99000000000999 --OBJECT--.OBJ

So it is clearly referring to the object, but where it was previously actually attaching the SOFM document itself it is now attaching the object reference.

My question: Where is this setting stored? I've gone through the varios SCOT settings and have tried to adjust settings for object/document type (started getting errors along the lines of 'conversion type not supported' or similar).

Any input appreciated.
Muchos grazias,
Mike