Shopping Cart going to Old and New Approvers

Amit Moghe amitpmoghe at rediffmail.com
Mon Apr 10 08:49:53 EDT 2006

Hi Workflow Gurus,

This problem is regarding the n-Step Item Level Approval Workflow for
shopping cart in EBP (WS14500015). We are on SRM 4.0.

We have written the code in BADI BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI to determine the
approvers. We are facing some problem in the approval process for the
non-catalog items. In case of non-Catalog item, the workflow should first go to the Buyer for the particular item based on the Product
Category for approval.

This works well when the user creates the shopping cart. (i.e. it
correctly determines the buyer and sends the workitem to him)

But if the user changes the Product Category for which a different
buyer is responsible before it is approved by the earlier buyer,
then, it goes to the old buyer as well as the new buyer.

Also this problem is not observed in our development environment but
it is there in Test and Prod environments. The code in BADI is
identical in all three environments. I therefore do not think that
there is any problem with the program logic of BADI.

Can you please advise what could be the reason? Appreciate your early response.

Thanks in advance...

Regards,
Amit