How to restrict an agent assigment task... and also restrict aworkitem for the Inbox for only one user.

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Mon Apr 10 02:57:15 EDT 2006

I am not quite sure if I understand what your requirement is.

Is the requirement to ensure that
a) you and only you (or any other user - but always the same) receive all tasks of this type?
b) one and only one user receives a task of this type, but this can be any user for each task?

If your requirement is a) then the easiest solution would be to restrict the possible agents of the task I imagine. In other words, don't have a general task.

If your requirement is b) then one solution is to create a role, and mark the "Terminate if role resolution has no result" check box. The role would e.g. take a user ID as input, check the validity of the user and return it prefixed by US. Store the user ID that you pass in in a workflow container element so you can change it and restart the workflow if there is a problem.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn, Statoil ØFT KTJ BAS DEV SAP