Task Decision

Mike Pokraka wug.replies at workflowconnections.com
Thu Sep 22 06:33:09 EDT 2005

Hi Angelo,
There are ways of working around this one, but I'd recommend not to
because users will otherwise become lazy and you'll have to do it for all
workflows - thus your whole WF setup will deviate significantly from the
standard.

Train your users that if they do NOT intend to work on something they MUST
replace the item. This is by design and a good thing:

In many cases your users would WANT to cancel and keep in their inbox -
basically doing the same as reserving an item. This is so that someone
else doesn't pick up something that one user has already started working
one - e.g. the user needs to email a query before confirming the decision,
so you don't want someone else picking up the same task again.

Cheers
Mike