Decision Task Attachments in .doc format not sending emails

PEOU Tom T Tom_PEOU at rta.nsw.gov.au
Mon Sep 19 21:31:23 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I am getting an error: "Message cannot be processed as it cannot be
converted" when SAP is trying to send an email with an attachment in
WinWord (.doc) format.

The user is in a decision task and creates an attachment and selects
"Class = DOC". Creating a "RAW" format attachment sends OK.

Also, the email seems to attach the default Object as a .OBJ file
whenever an attachment is created.

If no attachment is created, then no .OBJ file is attached to the email.

I have checked all bindings and they are setup correctly - No other
Objects (except for Attachment) are placed into the Attachments or
_Attach_Objects containers.

My question is:

1. How can I have WinWord (.doc) attachments on emails send from SAP
correctly?

2. How can I setup emails to be sent in HTML format?

3. How can I stop the .OBJ file from attaching to the email when another
Attachment is created?

4. If I cannot send WinWord attachments, then how can I disable the
"Class" selection on the "Create Attachment" option and leave it as
"RAW".

Currently, we are on 4.6C and Object: SELFITEM & Method:
SENDTASKDESCRIPTION is setup to be 'DocumentType' = 'RAW'.

Hope you can help.

Many thanks in advance.

Tom

Tom Peou

Workflow & ESS Administration

Roads and Traffic Authority

Centennial Plaza

260 Elizabeth Street

Surry Hills, NSW

P: (02) 9218 6601

E: Tom_PEOU at rta.nsw.gov.au

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachment to it are intended only to be read or used by the named addressee. It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistaken transmission to you. The RTA is not responsible for any unauthorised alterations to this e-mail or attachment to it. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the RTA. If you receive this e-mail in error, please immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender. You must not disclose, copy or use any part of this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.