Start conditions and currency handling (version 46C)

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Thu Sep 15 08:59:35 EDT 2005

Kjetil,
We use the currency option in start conditions in SRM.
All dictionary definitions of type CURR have to have a matching CUKY
reference which tells the system where to read the currency code -
usually another field in the same table.

Start condition currency conversion always uses the current date as the
conversion date, i.e. the date the event was created, and I'm pretty
sure it uses type M conversion -i.e. the average rate.

But if you really want to know... you can always set up your start
condition, and use SWUE to start the event in debug mode, then step
through the debugging.  I've done this before now when we had a couple
of buglets with the start condition conversion and you can see what's
going on if you are sufficiently persistent.

Regards,
Jocelyn Dart
Senior Consultant
SAP Australia Pty Ltd.
Level 1/168 Walker St.
North Sydney
NSW, 2060
Australia
T   +61 412 390 267
M   + 61 412 390 267
E   jocelyn.dart at sap.com
http://www.sap.com

The information contained in or attached to this electronic transmission
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for
the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any distribution,
copying, review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this
electronic transmission or the information contained in it is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error,
please immediately contact the sender to arrange for the return of the
original documents.
Electronic transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure and
accordingly, the sender does not accept liability for any such data
corruption, interception, unauthorized amendment, viruses, delays or the
consequences thereof.
Any views expressed in this electronic transmission are those of the
individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the
sender is authorized to state them to be the views of SAP AG or any of
its subsidiaries. SAP AG, its subsidiaries, and their directors,
officers and employees make no representation nor accept any liability
for the accuracy or completeness of the views or information contained
herein. Please be aware that the furnishing of any pricing information/
business proposal herein is indicative only, is subject to change and
shall not be construed as an offer or as constituting a binding
agreement on the part of SAP AG or any of its subsidiaries to enter into
any relationship, unless otherwise expressly stated.