Resolved: Condition result differs for attributes and containers!

Jeff Rappaport Jeff at Business-Workflow.com
Mon Sep 12 13:45:58 EDT 2005

Mike,

    This sounds similar to the problem with using a Work Center with mixed types as the WF Admin (SWDC). See if it's calling FM: SWI_GET_USERS_OF_ORG_UNIT & this could explains why it's happening.

Jeffrey A. Rappaport
Business Workflow, LLC
Voice: (732) 355-0123
Fax:    (509) 757-4144
Email: Jeff at Business-Workflow.com
Web:  www.Business-Workflow.com
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mike Pokraka
  To: SAP Workflow Users' Group
  Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 12:09 PM
  Subject: Resolved: Condition result differs for attributes and containers!

  Grumble... after testing this on another system I found the answer to
  seeing OBJ.ATTR having a few entries but still testing false for their
  existence. Since it's a sneaky combo of two buglets (= "not sure if it's a
  bug or not") I thought I'd share it:

  There's an evaluation path WF_ORGUS ("All users for an object of type A,
  C, O, S, or US"). Fairy nuff methinks, you feed it any org object and it
  spits out US-users, right? Not quite: we tested it no prob, then we
  introduced persons. A position with a person also returns the "user" 'P
  12345678' as well as the US-userid. Hmmm... evaluation path doesn't quite
  do what it says on the tin.

  Enter a multiline attribute of USR01 objects: a piece of code uses
  WF_ORGUS, doesn't check for 'US' and generates a couple of empty objects
  along with real ones. However, it seems that EX in a condition actually
  checks the object instance of the first element in the multliline - so
  even though there are a few objects in the multline tab it still fails
  because of the empty first object. Another 'Hmmm'... should EX fail
  because of a blank first element in a table?

  Cheers
  Mike

  Mike Pokraka wrote:
  > Hi all,
  > Someone please tell me I'm not going insane:
  >
  > &MULTILINEOBJ& EX           --> True
  > &OBJECT.MULTILINEOBJ& EX    --> False
  >
  > In both cases multilineobj contains data, the only difference is that it's
  > a container element in one case and an attribute in another. Quite
  > straightforward to test in the condition editor using the test feature.
  >
  > Anyone seen this?
  > Cheers
  > Mike Pokraka
  > Senior Consultant