Resolved: Condition result differs for attributes and containers!

Mike Pokraka wug.replies at workflowconnections.com
Mon Sep 12 12:09:36 EDT 2005

Grumble... after testing this on another system I found the answer to
seeing OBJ.ATTR having a few entries but still testing false for their
existence. Since it's a sneaky combo of two buglets (= "not sure if it's a
bug or not") I thought I'd share it:

There's an evaluation path WF_ORGUS ("All users for an object of type A,
C, O, S, or US"). Fairy nuff methinks, you feed it any org object and it
spits out US-users, right? Not quite: we tested it no prob, then we
introduced persons. A position with a person also returns the "user" 'P
12345678' as well as the US-userid. Hmmm... evaluation path doesn't quite
do what it says on the tin.

Enter a multiline attribute of USR01 objects: a piece of code uses
WF_ORGUS, doesn't check for 'US' and generates a couple of empty objects
along with real ones. However, it seems that EX in a condition actually
checks the object instance of the first element in the multliline - so
even though there are a few objects in the multline tab it still fails
because of the empty first object. Another 'Hmmm'... should EX fail
because of a blank first element in a table?

Cheers
Mike