best way to handle the scenario

Nat 4 Govender ngovender4 at toyota.co.za
Tue Oct 25 00:36:09 EDT 2005

Hi Sushil,

This is what I would do assuming you have already determined you agents.

You can firstly assign a role say "Release PO" to all the possible agents.
In your task you then  assign the attribute General and forwarding allowed
or not allowed thereafter you assign a role say "Release PO" and this
become your possible agents.

Regards

Nat Govender
Toyota South Africa
IT - SAP - SAP Workflow
Internal Ext.  : 32645
Direct Line    : +27 31 910 2645
Fax                 : +27 31 902 9633
E-mail            : ngovender4 at toyota.co.za
Forgiveness is when one relinquishes the option to hurt the person that
hurt you.
Remember not to forget that which you do not need to know.

             "Sushil Guragain"
             <sguragain at interp
             ublic.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  "SAP Workflow Users' Group"
             sap-wug-bounces at m         <sap-wug at mit.edu>
             it.edu                                                     cc

                                                                   Subject
             2005/10/24 04:55          best way to handle the scenario
             PM

             Please respond to
               "SAP Workflow
               Users' Group"
             <sap-wug at mit.edu>

Hi WF Gurus,

I need to support over 50 plants and each plant has separate list of
approvers for each release code (of a PO). The users would like to have the
ability to select approvers on some cases and send the work item to all
approvers in others. I don't think building 50 branches with multiple
condition will be a good idea. Therefore I was thinking about building a
function module to handle this. However, since I have to define all
approvers as a possible agent (for the approval task) it will be hard to
analyze when there is a problem in workflow. Can you please suggest what
would be the best approach to handle this? (as to how to support the
correct list of possible agents and make sure we send the work items to
correct individuals).

I took a look at building rules but I did not see an option to build a rule
that will direct the work items to different roles. Looks like we can send
them to different individual, organization, position etc but we do not have
org structure setup in SAP and are using security roles to control
different group of approvers.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Sushil

Unless you are the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this
message
for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disseminate or disclose
anyone the message or any information contained in the message.  If you
have
received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail,
and
delete the message.  Thank you very much.
(A)